Corporate Commercial Law
Differences between corporate and commercial law?
- Corporate law addresses the day-to-day operations of a corporation such as incorporation, reorganizations, restructurings, mergers, acquisitions, dissolutions, liquidation of a corporation, distribution of profits, raising capital, shareholder agreements, and more.
- Commercial law is related to commercial transactions and matters beyond the day-to-day operations of a corporation, such as employment contracts, public and private financing, commercial leasing, purchase and sale of assets and/or shares, litigating disputes, and more.
The overlap between corporate and commercial law and its intersection with other areas of law such as contract and property can become confusing. As such, it is best that you seek the advice of lawyers who are highly skilled and experienced in these areas. You need a lawyer who not only has significant experience and understands the complex legal issues, but also understands the business side of things. A corporate commercial lawyer who can help you with your business matters and give you the best advice when considering the overall objectives of your business. At Jomha Skrobot LLP, we are not only lawyers, but we are business owners and entrepreneurs ourselves. Our lawyers bring over 30 years of experience in corporate commercial law and can make the most complex issues understandable and will help you through the process to accomplish your business goals. We strive to provide timely service, practical advice, and cost-effective solutions.
We have unrivaled experience in all of the following areas and offer the following services:
- Corporate Law
- Incorporation & corporate organization, maintenance, and filings
- Shareholder agreements & unanimous shareholder agreements
- Partnership, joint venture, and franchise agreements
- Corporate restructuring/reorganizations & amalgamations
- Professional corporations: doctors, dentists, accountants, lawyers & other professionals
- Non-profit organizations – religious, societies, private schools, associations, & clubs
- Corporate and Commercial Transactions:
- Commercial real estate leases
- Business agreements
- Employment agreements
- Financing and refinancing
- Commercial lending and borrowing
- Sale and purchase of shares
- Sale and purchase of assets
- Shareholder and director disputes