We understand that disputes arise in all areas of life and business, and we are committed to helping our
clients navigate those disputes. At Jomha Skrobot LLP, we have over 35 years of experience in general
litigation matters. Our team of experienced litigators have the expertise and resources necessary to
handle a wide variety of civil litigation matters including:
- Corporate and Commercial litigation
- Contract litigation
- Insurance/Personal Injury litigation
- Shareholder disputes
- Real estate litigation
- Estate litigation
The litigation process can be a long and complex process. The civil litigation process/steps include:
- Assessing your case: investigation of the facts in support of and in opposition to the claim
- Bringing the Claim: statement of claim
- Defending the claim: statement of defence
- Discovery process: this is the process of collecting evidence and includes:
a) Affidavit of Records: thisis the exchange of relevant and material documentation/records
between the parties.
b) Questioning and Undertakings: this is also known as oral evidence. This is the process of
asking the other party questions and requesting further information.
- Experts and Medical Reports/Examinations
- Motions and Pre-Trial Applications
- Settlement Negotiations
b) 4-way settlement conference
If you are involved in a dispute, we encourage you to seek legal advice. Regardless of the type of dispute or problem you are experiencing, we will work closely with you to understand your unique situation and develop a tailored legal strategy to ensure that we achieve the best possible outcome for you. We will rigorously and zealously advocate for you every step of the way.